Principal Data Scientist
Wat ga je doen
Is this you?
You love solving real-world problems with math & algorithms and are very capable of getting things done. You are highly motivated to create valuable solutions for our customers using the latest AI- and machine learning technologies.
As a Principle Data Scientist at Future Facts you are responsible for (parts of) projects that include the development and productionization of our AI solutions. These vary from original development to the operationalization of large scalable models and the retrainable CI/CD of those models.
You will need to set up several machine learning experiments, creating a model to see what happens to the data, and to make sure it continuously improves itself. It is important to keep an eye on the preconditions in order to deploy and monitor the model and focus on explainable AI.
An important part of your role as Principle Data Scientist is making sure that a model contributes to business objectives and finding the balance between perfection and ROI. Being able to develop a visually attractive dashboard for a business, based on livestreaming or sensor data, KPI’s and insights into business value, is an important skill to have in this role.
Since most of our clients work in Agile or DevOps teams and in AWS or Azure cloud environments, we have adapted them into our standards. Other tools we work with are for instance Pytorch, Scikit-learn, CDK, terraform and computer vision.
Personal growth at Future Facts
Within a skilled and ambitious team of 36 data professionals, you will work on various projects in which your personal development is key. Whether you prefer to deepen or broaden your knowledge on the technical side, or are considering the option to coach and help develop your colleagues’ skills, anything is possible. We will find you a role within a project team in which you can achieve your personal goals.
A few examples
- For the largest chocolate manufacturer in the world, Barry Callebaut, the team of Future Facts has developed a model to predict the probability of child labor among local cocoa farmers.
- The project ‘Hollandse Luchten’, which translates roughly to ‘Dutch Skies’, uses experimental technology and investigates the value of new sensor technology for residents of North-Holland. An IoT platform in AWS has been set up in which air quality is continuously measured, together with measurement data from the citizens of North-Holland.
Wat bieden wij
What you get
- A gross salary between €4.300,- and - €6.300,- o.b.v. 40h
- Bonus package, a phone and laptop are of course included
- Mobility budget, a private internet plan and a general expenses allowance.
- A learning and development budget and a personal development scheme.
- A steady job in a company that has over 24 years of expertise in data.
- A young and ambitious team of data fanatics to share knowledge with.
- A flexible workspace where you can organize your work-life balance just the way you like it.
- Our very own Danz Café with a roof terrace and lots of team events where you can socialize with your colleagues.
- Weekly chair massage, a gym with personal training and a company longboat to go out onto the Amsterdam canals.
What you need
- A university bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative direction, such as Data Science, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics, Mathematics, or Artificial Intelligence
- +3 years of relevant experience in applying Data Science and AI solutions (AI, ML, DL)
- Passion for creating value through data science, AI and machine learning
- The ability to inspire and inform customers through clear explanation and data storytelling
- An excellent command of both the Dutch and the English language
Your technical expertise
- Experience with all aspects of the data science process (from problem definition and data collection to industrialization)
- Understanding of the ins and outs of pattern recognition, machine learning, statistical analysis and deep learning
- Experience with Python (knowledge of object oriented programming, algorithms and data structures)
- Experience with various Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciKitLearn, XGboost, Seaborn, Keras, Pytorch
- At least some experience with code standards, GIT and DevOps.
Your Future Facts?
With a skilled and ambitious team of 36 data professionals you will work on projects for new and existing clients all over the Netherlands where you will implement valuable AI solutions. We actively pursue projects in many different sectors. A few examples of our clients are PostNL, IKEA, ANWB, VodafoneZiggo and NS.
Our data engineers and data scientists focus on productionizing valuable machine learning & AI solutions, and developing and deploying Machine Learning models. Every project is different, and therefore needs a different approach. With your team, you will determine the most efficient approach, and the appropriate tooling for each project. Your expertise and seniority makes you the perfect advisor on how to implement the solutions.